Lyndsey Gilroy MA, BACP Accred.
I am a Qualified, experienced counsellor and Play Therapist accredited with the British association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
I work with adults, young people and children.
I have a Masters in practice based play therapy from Canterbury Christ Church University.
I am a level 2 Usui Reiki practitioner
I have a Diploma in Crystal Therapy
I am an Integrative counsellor with a person centered base, providing counselling using talking therapy or creative materials such as sand tray work or art.
I have qualifications in person centred counselling, creative therapy and equal opportunities:
- Certificate in Online and Telephone Counselling
- Preventing cross-contamination in a post-Covid world
- Certificate in Colour Therapy
- Diploma Crystal Therapy
- Usui Reiki Level 2
- Usui Reiki Level 1
- MA in Practice Based Play Therapy
- Post Graduate Diploma in Play Therapy
- Post Graduate Certificate in Creative Therapies
- Advanced Diploma in Counselling
- NCFE Certificate in Counselling
- The Open University, E242 Learning for all
- Drugs Training level one
- Initial training course in part time youth work level 3
- N.N.E.B Diploma
I have visited early years settings to advise on best practice and delivered play therapy sessions in schools.
My areas of research include Neuroscience, Trauma, Autistic Spectrum Disorder, Bereavement, Anxiety, Emotional Behavioural Difficulties and Attachment.
I have worked as a counsellor in a variety of settings including the mental health charity Mind, Schools, Mary Stevens Hospice, Connexions and with young homeless people.
I worked for six years as a youth worker and deputy leader in charge in the Dudley Borough.
I will be happy to show you any of my certificates upon request, along with details of my professional indemnity insurance. I am a member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and work within their code of ethics and practice.
I have been counselling since 2003, working for organisations and individuals. I also have experience in supervising other counsellors.